question

Upvotes
Accepted
78.6k 248 52 74

Is there a timeout for extraction processing requests? (from Webinar May 31)

Is there a timeout for extraction processing requests?

tick-history-rest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

Tick History has an extraction processing configuration time limit of 48 hours. Your extraction will fail if it has not completed by this time.

This query also brings up the topic of asynchronous calls. The API supports asynchronous requests, which means you can submit a request, and then come back later to check its extraction, and retrieve the data when it is available. Using asynchronous mechanisms avoids your application waiting for calls to process, so you can handle other tasks in the meantime, thus increasing efficiency, and allowing for parallel requests. We recommend you use the asynchronous mechanisms to this purpose.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
24 5 3 8

Hi @Christiaan,

Let's say I use the C# Async mechanism. After a timeout, I stop waiting for the task and I run a new extraction. How can I cancel the previous one in order to not exceed the maximum number of parallel running requests ?

Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.