For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 5 2

DSS restapi, extract on demand Bond information

Hi all,

I am trying to extract bond information in java using the restapi. I can extract some fields like in this method: searchbyisinrequest.png

But I need more fields like "Frequency Code Description" or "Day Count Description", as in the following template:template.png

When I include i.e. .put("Frequency Code Description") in the method, the error is 400 (Bad request). So I don't know why I can extract some fields, but no others and what can I do to obtain day count, frequency,...

Many Thanks,

Elisa

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdsson-demand-extraction
template.png (82.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @elisa.perez

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

From the code in searchbyisinrequest.png, you are using EndOfDayPricingExtractionRequest. EndOfDayPricing template doesn't contain these fields "Frequency Code Description" or "Day Count Code Description". If you use these fields with EndOfDayPricingExtractionRequest, it will return 400 Bad Request with the following message.

{
    "error": {
        "message": "Validation Error:\r\n\r\nInvalid content FieldName \"Frequency Code Description\"\r\nInvalid content FieldName \"Day Count Code Description\""
    }
}

"Frequency Code Description" and "Day Count Code Description" are available in the TermsAndConditions template with TermsAndConditionsExtractionRequest. Please see the sample code in DSS2TermsAndConditionsClient.java in the Java Code Examples download at https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/datascope-select-dss/datascope-select-rest-api/downloads.

To verify the list of available fields in each template, please refer to DATASCOPE SELECT 11.1 FIELD INFORMATION in the Field Descriptions sheet.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.