question

Upvotes
Accepted
262 12 15 18

I got an exception java.net.UnknownHostException: hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com when I tried to run the code.

Case# 05651806
I tried to automate the data download process from Reuters, but I encountered a problem because of firewall. I got an exception java.net.UnknownHostException: hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com when I tried to run the code. I had a proxy and port number, as well as the username and password for authentication. Please advise me how I can successfully download data in this case.

tick-history-rest-apijava
code.png (73.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

@Beera.Rajesh

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@Beera.Rajesh, this is similar to this query.

That exception has nothing to do with your code. It means that the DNS resolution of hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com failed. Try to open a DOS command window and type:

ping hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com

The request will timeout, but it must resolve to an IP address:

Pinging hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com [192.165.219.152] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out. Request timed out. Ping statistics for 192.165.219.152:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

If your DNS resolution is functional, you should observe similar output.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.