Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 5 5 8

Eikon API proxy does not open

I've successfully installed Eikon API Proxy and used Python to retrieve data. After a while, I've logged off form Eikon API Proxy and tried to log in again. However, since then I've never been able to run Eikon API Proxy with success. In fact, every time that I run Eikon API Proxy I observe a loading page for ~1 second and then the application terminates to run immediately without providing any error message (I'm not even asked to provide the log in credentials anymore).

- Window 10 - 64 bit.
- EikonAPIProxyinstaller-win32-x64_1.0.85_3_0.
- I've tried to run Eikon API Proxy as Administrator.
- I've tried to uninstall and reinstall Eikon API Proxy.

Has anyone experienced and found a fix for this problem? Any ideas to solve this problem?

----- EDIT -----

Eikon.20170726.p7172.log:
2017-07-26T16:35:28.818Z - info: Starting process 7172 with command line: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Eikon API Proxy\EikonAPIProxy.exe

2017-07-26T16:35:28.880Z - info: Starting...

2017-07-26T16:35:28.880Z - info: Reading product manifest

2017-07-26T16:35:28.880Z - info: Async loading of component C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Eikon API Proxy\resources\app.asar\scripting-proxy\index.js

2017-07-26T16:35:29.162Z - info: Async loading of component C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Eikon API Proxy\resources\app.asar\scripting-proxy\configurationManager.js

2017-07-26T16:35:29.224Z - info: ... successfully bootstrapped

2017-07-26T16:35:29.224Z - info: [Eikon API Proxy] Eikon API Proxy is starting ...

2017-07-26T16:35:29.224Z - info: [Eikon API Proxy] Process Id is 7172

2017-07-26T16:35:29.240Z - info: [Eikon API Proxy] System Information: {"type":"Windows_NT","platform":"win32","architecture":"x64","release":"10.0.14393","memory":7167.55078125}

2017-07-26T16:35:29.240Z - info: [Eikon API Proxy] Application Information: {"path":"C:\\Users\\User\\AppData\\Local\\Eikon API Proxy\\resources\\app.asar","version":"1.0.85","local":"en-US"}

2017-07-26T16:35:34.424Z - error: [Main] An error occurred. Details: Unhandled Rejection at: Promise [object Promise] reason: Unknown setting "COMMON.DEPLOYMENTPORTAL.URL"

2017-07-26T16:35:34.440Z - error: [Main] An error occurred. Details: Unhandled Rejection at: Promise [object Promise] reason: TypeError: Cannot read property 'Symbol(Symbol.iterator)' of undefined

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.3k 2 4 5

Hi,

Another user reproduced the issue. Finally, we found that its trial account for Eikon expired, so all Eikon permissions were removed.

If you still reproducing it, please contact the support to check your permissions for Eikon.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.3k 2 4 5

Hi,

We're investigating your issue.

Best regards

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

@pierre.faurel

Hello,

I have the exact same problem unfortunately.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
20 5 6 8

@pierre.faurel

Hi,

I am also suffering from the same problem. Actually, this problem can happen on the mac version, too.

Firstly, Eikon API proxy warns that my account is logged in elsewhere. If I still try signin, then the situation (termination without any error message) occurs.

Any progress on this issue?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
4.3k 2 4 5

Hi,

It's difficult to identify the root cause without more information.

Could you do following test ?

1. launch Configuration Manager (in Thomson Reuters \ Thomson Reuters Eikon Tools menu)
  2. activate Dump Configuration at Startup
  3. launch Thomson Reuters Eikon
  4. check if COMMON.DEPLOYMENTPORTAL.URL is in DumpConfiguration.xml file (default directory: C:\ProgramData\Thomson Reuters\Eikon Data\Logs)

On another point, could you detail what is your Eikon profile ?
(launch Thomson Reuters Eikon then open Help \ About Thomson Reuters Eikon to check Deployment Mode in STATUS view)

@alexander.nadjalin and @Hilarius : could all confirm that the issue is reproduced with Windows 10 ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
20 5 6 8

@pierre.faurel

Hi,

I have no idea about Configuration manager. Is it in my local pc?

icon clock
10 |1500

Yes, Configuration Manager is an application installed as part of Eikon. You can launch it from All Programs - Thomson Reuters - Thomson Reuters Eikon Tools.
In Configuration Manager switch to Logs tab, tick "Configure Logs on the Workstation" checkbox and "Dump Configuration at Startup" checkbox. Then click Configure.

Start Configuration Manager again. In Configuration Manager click "Open logs folder" button, which will open Windows Explorer and navigate to the logs folder. Look for the file named DumpedConfiguration.xml. Open this file and see if COMMON.DEPLOYMENTPORTAL.URL parameter is there and what the value is.
It should be something like

<Setting name="COMMON.DEPLOYMENTPORTAL.URL" _SRC="Profile" _A="MR" _EXP="https://amers1.views.cp.extranet.thomsonreuters.biz/Apps/DesktopDeployment">cpurl://views.cp./Apps/DesktopDeployment</Setting>
Upvotes
1 0 0 0

@pierre.faurel

Hi,

I changed the setting for Configuration Manager as above. However, I can't find the "Logs" directory or the Dump-file. I've checked the C:/users directory but there is no file there either.

I run Windows 7 Professional on my work computer.

Deployment Mode is "Thomson Reuters hosted".

Thank you for all the help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Start Configuration Manager again. In Configuration Manager click "Open logs folder" button, which will open Windows Explorer and navigate to the logs folder. Look for the file named DumpedConfiguration.xml. Open this file and see if COMMON.DEPLOYMENTPORTAL.URL parameter is there and what the value is.
It should be something like

<Setting name="COMMON.DEPLOYMENTPORTAL.URL" _SRC="Profile" _A="MR" _EXP="https://amers1.views.cp.extranet.thomsonreuters.biz/Apps/DesktopDeployment">cpurl://views.cp./Apps/DesktopDeployment</Setting>

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.