question

Upvotes
Accepted

missing data for field "Trade - Bid Price" and "Trade - Ask Price"

I am extracting data for RIC="CLZ7" (Crude Oil Futures contract).

I would like to receive return rows in which all of the following fields filled:

"Trade - Bid Price","Trade - Price", "Trade - Ask Price","Trade - Volume", "Trade - Exchange Time"

However the "Trade - Bid Price" and "Trade - Ask Price" fields are always returned blank.

I understand that I can use the fields "Quote - Bid Price" and "Quote - Ask Price" to retrieve Bid and Ask Prices before and after the trade, but these Bids and Asks are returned in separate rows from the "Trade" data. While it is possible to accomplish what I'd ultimately like to accomplish with post-extraction processing, extractions that include "Quote - []" fields are orders of magnitude larger than extractions that include only "Trade - []" fields and I'd like to avoid extracting this extraneous information and avoid highly inefficient extractions.

-Jake

tick-history-rest-apitradecommoditiesquote
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Escalated to DSS_SWAT

Hello @Jake DeSantis,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@Jake DeSantis, really sorry, this slipped my attention. Here is the answer from the support team: this is as intended, what TRTH v2 delivers aligns with what was delivered by TRTH v1.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
13.7k 26 8 12

@Jake DeSantis, I observe the same as you, also with other instruments.

I escalated the issue to try to find out why. It looks like you might have to use the Quote fields, even though I agree this is not ideal ...

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @Christiaan Meihsl,

Any update on this?

Thanks for following up.

This was escalated on Monday to 3rd level support, but they did not answer. I just sent them a 2nd email.

Still following up with support ...

@Christiaan Meihsl

Any update on this?

Upvotes
7 1 2 3

@ I noticed that from 2019 onwards, the "Trade - Bid Price" and "Trade - Ask Price" fields are actually populated. (at least for EX, FV and VX futures) Any chance to get them backfilled further back into the past?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.