Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 2 2 4

My get_timeseries call is producing an error which I don't understand and also the output, which should be 12 months of​ close prices on a list of 90 RICS is only producing results for a few months.

dfpr = ek.get_timeseries(ricslist[0:90],
                       fields=["Close"],
                       start_date="2016-04-01",  
                       end_date="2017-03-31", normalize=False, raw_output=False, debug=False)
('ABI.BR', ': ', 'Error: TSINoNormalizedViews, ErrorCode: TA-TSINoNormalizedViews, Fault: TSIError, Description: Server returns error. Please try again', '\n')
eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@brendan,

Please see the following discussion previously happened on this forum
https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/15616/eikon-scripting-api-issues-with-timeseries.html

Until 3K shared rows limit is addressed I would expect all kinds of unexpected behavior when using get_timeseries method with a list of RICs. I do not reproduce the error you received when executing get_timeseries method with the single RIC 'ABI.BR'.
As an alternative you can retrieve close prices for a list of RICs using get_data method:

ek.get_data(['ABI.BR', 'AOO.BR', 'BEFB.BR', 'BPOST.BR', 'BRED.BR'], ['TR.PriceClose.date', 'TR.PriceClose'], {'Sdate':'2016-04-01', 'EDate':'2017-03-31'})
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.