question

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

How to call Adinterp in VBA code

Hi tried to write a user-defined function which uses AdInterp function.

An error occurred when I tried to load the AdfinXanalystics module with the below code:

Set CreateAdxUtilityModule = CreateReutersObject("AdfinXAnalyticsFunctions.AdxUtilityModule")

The error message is "File not found: PLVbaApis.dll"

Please kindly help. Thanks!

eikoneikon-com-apivbaADH
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

A few questions:

1. Are you running this code in Eikon Excel?
  2. If yes, is Eikon Excel signed in to the platform?
  3. Could you show me your CreateReutersObject function declaration please?

Function InterpCGB(yr As Integer) As Double

Dim r As Long
r = ActiveCell.Row
Dim y As Double

Dim ws As Worksheet

Set ws = ActiveSheet

Dim ZcDates As Variant
Dim ZcRates As Variant

ZcDates = Array(1, 3, 5, 7, 10)
ZcRates = Array(ws.Cells(r, 2).Value, ws.Cells(r, 4).Value, ws.Cells(r, 6).Value, ws.Cells(r, 8).Value, ws.Cells(r, 10).Value)

'Set CreateAdxUtilityModule = CreateReutersObject("AdfinXAnalyticsFunctions.AdxUtilityModule")

y = CreateAdxUtilityModule.AdInterp(yr, ZcDates, ZcRates, "IM:CUBR")

InterpCGB = y

End Function

Sub test()
MsgBox InterpCGB(Range("K4").Value)
End Sub

Hi Zhenya I posted my code above. For your questions:

1) yes

2) yes

3)

#If VBA7 Then
Public Declare PtrSafe Function CreateReutersObject Lib "PLVbaApis.dll" (ByVal progID As String) As Object
#Else
Public Declare Function CreateReutersObject Lib "PLVbaApis.dll" (ByVal progID As String) As Object
#End If

Public Function CreateAdxUtilityModule() As AdfinXAnalyticsFunctions.AdxUtilityModule
Set CreateAdxUtilityModule = CreateReutersObject("AdfinXAnalyticsFunctions.AdxUtilityModule")
End Function

PS it worked on my colleague's PC.

Thanks!

@shelley.y.wang

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@shelley.y.wang

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

Hi @shelley.y.wang
I don't see anything wrong with your code, which is further evidenced by it having worked on another machine. So, the issue you experienced must be machine specific. Let's start with a quick sanity check. You do have Eikon installed on this machine, right? If you search in the Eikon install folder you can find PLVbaApis.dll file, correct?
Which version of Excel do you use? In particular I'm interested if it's 32-bit or 64-bit?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi

1) Yes Eikon installed

2) Yes PLVbaApis.dll exists in my active installation folder

3) I'm running office 2007 so I'm assuming its 32bit. My PC system type is 64bit. The exact MS office version is 12.0.6612.1000

Thanks

@shelley.y.wang what about if you try to build a Eikon Excel formula using the formula builder? Does it work?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.