Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Eikon Api Proxy App ID Generator is not working

I installed th Windows Api Proxy. I'm logged in and it is running. I want to generate an APP ID but as soon as I press the "Generate new App ID" Button it tells me in small red letters "Http or parse error". Log file is perfect. No errors.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @nico.schaefer,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @nico.schaefer,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

Sounds like an HTTP error. Try again. If the problem persists you can use HTTP analyzer tools like Fiddler to troubleshoot the issue. Here's the URL that the App ID Generator hits:
https://emea1.apps.cp.thomsonreuters.com/Apps/ApplicationIDGenerator
You can also try using this URL in the browser.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

I seem to be having the same issue. Fiddler wasn't really helpful in my case, to be honest.

icon clock
10 |1500

@Alex Putkov.

Another client sees the same issue. Could you please take a look?

@richard.glende
Do you have the Fiddler log you could attach? What do you mean when you say it wasn't helpful? Do you see the request being sent to the URL I mentioned? What is the response? Or do you mean you couldn't log HTTP traffic using Fiddler?

Hello @richard.glende,

We have not heard back from you. Were the answers helpful?

Have you been able to resolve the issue?

Thanks,

-AHS

Hi,

Yes, I have. Thanks. However, it apparently isn't necessary to create an app id in the API proxy program. As long as the API proxy is running, it is possible to enter any id.

ek.set_app_id('xxxx') works just as well as ek.set_app_id('anyid').

Regards,

Richard

Hello @richard.glende

Eikon Proxy is in Beta, and even though presently you are still able to get data without supplying app ID, that will likely not be the case going forward.

We would like to help you, are you open to investigating with Fiddler why you are not able get the ID?

Or have the answers been helpful to you and you are good to go for now?

-AHS

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.