question

Upvotes
Accepted
16 2 3 4

how to deal with chains items such as 'LIBOR01'

in our old system, we use old version rfa.jar with help with the tibMsg class, it seems that in the old prart we just need to send LIBOR01 then we will get all the data. so here i am asking about how to deal with the OMM data, i have tried but i donnot know how to get all the data.

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi,

I have just checked the LIBOR01 RIC and it is not a Chain RIC.

It is in a Page format where the data is return in set of ROW fields.

When you say you could previously use rfa.jar and get all data - what exactly do you mean - by all data?

If you are not familiar with OMM data then please refer to one of our RFA Java tutorials which explain how to consume OMM data. You would then receive the same information as you would with tibMsg but in a different format. You would now receive a FieldList which would contain the same fields as you would get back with tibMsg - and you can iterate through the FieldList and extract each field and its value.

Also, I can see that the LIBOR01 page does mention some Chain RICs e.g. 0#LIBORSUPERRICS and 0#LIBORRICS- but there would be no functionality in the standard rfa.jar which would just extract the Chain RICs from a page and then request the chain, any sub chains and extract all the underlying RICs automatically. When you say 'get all data' - are you saying that the rfa.jar you have somehow extracted all the underlying chains and RICs etc?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @1069772808

Please see the article on Decoding Chains on this website.

The link is for part 1 and it links to part two also.

icon clock
10 |1500

so i just need to send LIBOR01 once to the server, then i can get all i want?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.