question

Upvotes
Accepted
45 2 3 6

RFA Partial Updates

We have a process on our side which places a streaming request. We specific FID we are interested on with the RIC.

Below is such request RIC :TRADNDF FID : 322,323

Response recd from TREP Platform

The below reply is fine

FIELD_ENTRY 322/ROW80_8: 1W -0.025/-0.010 1W 6.5795/6.5845 1W 50.88/50.93 1W 64.21/64.24 /

FIELD_ENTRY 323/ROW80_9: 1M -0.080/-0.070 1M 6.5965/6.6015 1M 51.00/51.05 1M 64.38/64.41 /

Subsequent updates get publised as below

FIELD_ENTRY 323/ROW80_9: hpos: 39, 0 | hpos: 41, 99 | hpos: 48, 4

I understand these are partial updates. We dont store the complete data recd on our.It is more parsed values which we store. So we cannot use the String replace option as outline in the below link

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/13002/how-to-interpret-hk-broker-feed.html

Is there a way to get complete result of an FID instead of Partial update

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Monitored by @Pimchaya.Wongrukun

@prakash.chellappa
Thank you for your participation in the forum.
Are any of the the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.
Thanks,
-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

I worked on a Page shredding application many years ago and the only way of achieving what you want is to store the complete data representation of the page and update it, as and when the partial updates arrive.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @prakash.chellappa

To get complete result of an FID instead of Partial update, you need to make a snapshot request periodically instead of a streaming request. Then, you will get all complete FIDs in a refresh message after sending a snapshot request. Since a snapshot request returns only a refresh message without update message, your application will not receive partial update. To make a snapshot request, the application needs to include OMMMsg.Indication.NONSTREAMING in a request message as an example source code below:

//msg is an OMMMsg instance
msg.setIndicationFlags(OMMMsg.Indication.REFRESH|OMMMsg.Indication.NONSTREAMING);
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
45 2 3 6

Thanks Pimchaya.Wongrukun. I need the data to be streamed, but need the response to have the complete details available in FID. Is there a way to acheive this?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @prakash.chellappaa

As far as I know, there is no way to achieve this on streaming request.

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Is there any way to receive the full update on the fid while also getting the callback when the fid is updated?

This data is being consumed by a trading platform and therefore it would make more sense to receive updates when the market status changes as polling is too expensive.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @logice.chen

When an application requests an item(RIC) using NONSTREAMING_REQ, the item stream opens. Next, the application gets only a refresh message which is the current data via the item stream. Then, the item stream closes due to NONSTREAMING_REQ(request only refresh). That's mean the application does not receive any updated data of the item. To get updated data, you should subscribe to the item(RIC) using NONSTREAMING_REQ again.

chenlog avatar image chenlog pimchaya.wongrukun01

Hi @Pimchaya.Wongrukun

Thanks for your speedy response.

We are subscribing for market status updates on the ric "KS/STATUS" and "KQ/STATUS". I believe the KOSPI market has random auction open times. It makes more sense to be receiving parseable fid updates when the market status changes rather than continuously polling.

If there is some better way for an application to receive real time instrument/market status updates on the KOSPI and KOSDAQ markets, please do let me know

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.