question

Upvotes
Accepted
301 14 33 39

Single Thread Model with multiple RFA sessions

My RFA application has created multiple OMM Consumer event source. Each Consumer use different RFA session. Once I have tried to change the “threadModel” configuration to “single”, the following error will occur. How could I use threadModel = “single” with multiple RFA sessions?

RFA Internal failure

File: ..\..\..\Adapters\RSSL_Cons_Adapter\Impl\RSSL_Cons_AdapterImpl.cpp
Line: 210

Problem:
        The RSSL_Cons_Adapter is configured as a Singleton and does NOT support
        multiple sessions if any session's ThreadModel is set to Single.
        RFA_VERIFY( false ) failed

RFA configuration:

\Sessions\Session1\threadModel = “single”

\Sessions\Session2\threadModel = “single”

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

This is my seed question.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
11.3k 25 9 14

With “threadModel”=”Single”, RFA will use Single thread model which RFA Session and Adapter instances are on same thread. However, by default, only one RFA Adapter instance is allowed to be created. This means that new RFA session cannot be created because there is no Adapter instance to be shared.

If you want to configure multiple sessions to use the Single thread model, you need to enable the horizontal scaling feature which allows multiple RFA Adapter instances to be created.

The horizontal scaling can be enabled by the following configuration.

\Adapters\RSSL_Cons_Adapter\singleton = false

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.