question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 3 3 5

Question about RFA upgrading

Hi all,

I need to assist several clients to upgrade their RMDS to TREP 3.x., and besides TREP upgrade, I also need to help them to upgrade RFA as well.

Since RMDS is EOL for a long time, so their RFA version is very old as well.

Could anyone tell me that is RFA 6 a big milestone for RFA? That's is to say, before RFA 6, the clients need to re-write their RFA program.

And where I can find documents for this RFA migration topic?

Thank you very much.

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Chris.Wang,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @Chris.Wang

If the clients use RFA version older than 6, it means they use the legacy interfaces(MarketData interfaces) and the latest RFA Java version including this Interfaces is 7.6.1.L2 which the clients can download from RFA Java downloads page. If the client cannot access the web site or download the package, please contact RDC administrator(rdc.administrator@thomsonreuters.com). The migration information for MarketData interfaces in the documents shipped with the RFA package (<package>\Legacy\Docs\index.htm). Please navigate to “Legacy Documentation” page and go to “API Migration” for details. For deprecated interfaces and replacements details, please see in “API Deprecation” under “Legacy Documentation” part.

If the client uses RFA 6 or newer, please confirm which interfaces they are using; OMM interfaces or MarketData Interfaces. If it is OMM interfaces, the latest version is 8.1.0.L1 which can be downloaded from RFA Java downloads page. The migration information is in the document shipped with the RFA package (<package>\Docs\RFAJ_Portal.html). Please click “RFA Java Web Documentation” then navigate to “Helpful Hints” page in “Documentation Portal” and go to “API Migration” for details. For deprecated interfaces and replacements details, please see in “Schedule of Deprecated Interfaces” under “Helpful Hints” part.

To upgrade to RFA7.6 or 8.1, the clients should not need to re-write the whole application, just modify some source code according to the migration information which I mentioned above.

For the supported RFA versions, TREP versions, please refer to API Compatibility Matrix

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 3 9 11

Hi Pimchaya, I am new to RFA. The mirgration description is scaterred. It will be appreciated if you can provide a check list like steps of migration from 7.2.1 to 8.1.0, and completed with example project of old and new.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.