Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
20 5 6 8

[Python API] How do I retrieve "Recommendations & Target Price" and "Guidance Summary" with python API?

HI,

I'm using both Eikon and Eikon Python API.

In the Eikon, I can see various information including "Recommendations & Target Price" and "Guidance summary" under "Estimates" tab.

However, I do not know what I have to do for the same information with python API. (maybe ek.get_data() )

Please let me know how I can get the data.

One more thing - Is there any document for retrieving various information with python API and Eikon-excel?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

To learn how to use Eikon Excel please click on the Help button in Thomson Reuters ribbon in Excel. The Help contains Getting Started guides, detailed documentation for GUI elements and worksheet functions, FAQs etc. Clicking on Training link in the Help will open the window where you can browse a wealth of video tutorials and webcasts focused on specific topics of interest. And you can also request one on one individual training.
To learn how to use Eikon Python API, please refer to the documentation on this portal. In particular see the following tutorial, which talks at length about discovering metadata you need to use in get_data method.
https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/eikon-web-and-scripting-apis/learning?content=14707&type=learning_material_item

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.