question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 2 0 3

How can I print an Eikon QuoteApp Window from Eikon Excel VBA

Hi,

I 'm looking after the code that will allow printing an Eikon quote app / chart page / ... from Eikon Excel VBA.

Today, I need to manually go to my Eikon desktop App and click on the print button for the desired quote app.

The followed goal is to get a screen proof of the reuters data that I get in Excel.

I found the beginning of a way to do it, as I can open a quote app page, but I don't know how ton print it and close it.

Sub ShowRICInIDN(ByVal RIC As String)
Dim wshLink As ObjectSet
wshLink = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
wshLink.Run "reuters://REALTIME/verb=FullQuote/ric=" & RICSet wshLink = Nothing
End sub

Regards
JOG

eikoneikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Contacted Alex and Zhenya to answer a further question from the client.

Hi,

As your query is related to Eikon COM, Eikon Data APIs was not the right forum. I moved it to this Eikon COM group.

Kind regards,
AHS

Hello @JOG,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

There is no way you can do this with standard Eikon tools, however, you can always explore the possibility of using WinAPI to achieve that. For example:

1. Open Eikon Quote App Window
  2. Find the window handler by name (external forum link)
  3. Send keys to the window to open printing dialog

Alternatively, you can take a screenshot of the window and print it later.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Zhenya Kovalyov, can you please come back because the customer has some more questions? Thank you in advance.

Upvotes
3 2 0 3

Thanks Zhenya. I explored the solution you gave and finally I choose to use a screenshot through Windows API. There is no way to use the snapshot function from Eikon ?

It works, not perfect but I'll make fine tuning later.

I also have a side question. How can I run the app with a different template that the default one.

For example, I load "EURIRS=ICAP" page and the default template is : "mm_multi_ctb_chn_nt.chn"

I would like to use "mm_multi_ctb3_cnh_nt.chn" or a custom one

And the last question : where can I find documentation about "

reuters://REALTIME/verb=" function ?

Regards
JOG

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.