Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 1 1 4

How to get events time series via Python API?

Dear RDC team,I am trying to access the corporate events page via the Eikon API but I do not seem able to find the correct call to see, for instance, the equivalent of the AAPL.O EV page in the terminal. I am using Python and I have tried the functions eikon.get_timeseries, eikon.get_news_headlines and eikon.get_data. The get_data call seems to return the most recent event, but I am unable to get a list of historical events. I am looking specifically for events such as earnings announcements. Thanks

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apievents
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

You can use Formula Builder in Eikon Excel to generate the formula and then apply it to eikon.get_data.

For example, the formula in Eikon Excel to get historical events for AAPL.O is:

=TR("AAPL.O","TR.EventStartDate;TR.EventType;TR.EventTitle","SDate=2015-08-01 EventType=ALL EDate=2017-11-20 CH=Fd RH=IN",C4)

With the above formula, the parameters for eikon.get_data are:

df = ek.get_data(["AAPL.O"], ["TR.EventStartDate", "TR.EventType", "TR.EventTitle"],{"SDate":"2015-08-01","EventType":"ALL", "EDate":"2017-11-20","CH":"Fd","RH":"IN"})
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5 1 1 4

Great, thanks for your help!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.