For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
80 2 2 8

DSS single call to get results of schedule's LastExtraction

I understand that I can now get the content of an extracted file (for a given schedule) in a single call:

../Extractions/Schedules('12345')/LastExtraction/$value ../Extractions/Schedules('12345')/LastExtraction/FullFile/$value ../Extractions/Schedules('12345')/LastExtraction/NotesFile/$value

1. What is the difference between the "/LastExtraction/$value" and "/LastExtraction/FullFile/$value" calls?

2. Are these calls treated as synchronous?

3. Is there any documentation with examples available?

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@mdoberschuetz

Regarding documentation: in the REST API Reference Tree, under LastExtraction we see it returns a ReportExtraction:

If you then go to the ReportExtraction section, you find under GetDefaultStream the description for the first URL (../Extractions/Schedules('12345')/LastExtraction/$value):

The descriptions for the other 2 links are under FullFile and NotesFile, in the same section.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
465 3 5 3

1. /LastExtraction/$value is a shortcut for /LastExtraction/FullFile/$value. There is also a notes file as you mention above, but the FullFile is the default and most important.

2. They are all stream endpoints and synchronous.

3. I will let someone else respond regarding documenation.

icon clock
10 |1500

Re 3. Would you have "Release Notes for DataScope Select 10.8" please?

@mdoberschuetz, re your last comment:

please note the current release is 11.2 (and as this is a server based product every one is using 11.2). The latest release notes (all documentation actually) are available here, but 10.8 is not there as it is old (2016). That said, to respond to your request I tried to attach the 10.8 release note, but it is too large. Would you like me to email it to you ?

Yes, please. If possible I need release notes from 10.7 (including 10.7) up to 11.1 (I can get them from https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/datascope-select-dss/datascope-select-rest-api/docs).

mdoberschuetz@continuumcommerce.com

Show more comments

@mdoberschuetz, I have escalated the 3rd query to the product team.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.