For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Extract sovereign and provincial bonds Argentina API Rest

Hi.

I am connecting to the API with REST and I could generate a token and get some information with PHP cURL. I need to know which is the endpoint to obtain the sovereign bonds and provincial bonds of Argentina. Any information or Postman example would be helpful! I do not know if I should generate a report template. Here you can see an example implemented by a site: http://gruposbs.com/api/reuters/chain/SOBE (json response)

Thank you!

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssbonds
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @rodrigo.cataffo

I just tested the following request:

POST https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/Extract HTTP/1.1
Prefer: respond-async
Content-Type: application/json
Authorization: Token <your token>

{
  "ExtractionRequest": {
    "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.EndOfDayPricingExtractionRequest",
    "ContentFieldNames": [
      "RIC",
      "Ticker",
      "Universal Ask Price",
      "Universal Bid Ask Date",
      "Universal Bid Price",
      "Universal Close Price",
      "Volume"
    ],
    "IdentifierList": {
      "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentListIdentifierList",
      "InstrumentListId": "0x05bd566fe9fb3026"
    },
    "Condition": null
  }
}

Note that my list "0x05bd566fe9fb3026" contains "VZ.N, MCD.N and DIS.N" RICs.

And this is the result I got:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8
X-Request-Execution-Correlation-Id: c2788aab-1039-483c-843a-a25805fc1637
X-App-Id: Custom.RestApi
X-App-Version: 11.3.544.64
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 03:17:19 GMT
Connection: close

{"@odata.context":"https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/$metadata#Collection(ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.ExtractionRow)","value":[{"IdentifierType":"Ric","Identifier":"VZ.N","RIC":"VZ.N","Ticker":"VZ","Universal Ask Price":53.23,"Universal Bid Ask Date":"2018-01-23","Universal Bid Price":53.22,"Universal Close Price":53.23,"Volume":7141651},{"IdentifierType":"Ric","Identifier":"MCD.N","RIC":"MCD.N","Ticker":"MCD","Universal Ask Price":176.84,"Universal Bid Ask Date":"2018-01-23","Universal Bid Price":176.82,"Universal Close Price":176.81,"Volume":798702},{"IdentifierType":"Ric","Identifier":"DIS.N","RIC":"DIS.N","Ticker":"DIS","Universal Ask Price":110.43,"Universal Bid Ask Date":"2018-01-23","Universal Bid Price":110.41,"Universal Close Price":110.41,"Volume":1897303}]}

You request looks fine but the issue is related to your account's permission issue.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.4k 10 6 9

Hi @rodrigo.cataffo

You can find the tutorials here.

Basically, the endpoint is

https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/Extract

You don't have to generate a new report template, but you have to specify one of the default report templates, list of fields and list of instruments in your POST body.

For pricing data, there are; End of Day, Intraday, and Time Series pricing report templates. REST API Tutorial 2 to 4 should show you how to request each pricing reports.

A Postman collection and environment of the tutorials are available in the downloads.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Thank you very much for your help

Is not necessary to create a list of instruments in dss dashboard?

icon clock
10 |1500

@rodrigo.cataffo, there are 2 ways to extract data, described here:

1. Scheduled extraction (requires report template and instrument list on server)
  2. On Demand extraction (requires neither report template nor instrument list)

Warat is referring to an On Demand extraction.

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

thank you very much for your help!

I executed the following request:

Endpoint

https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/Extract

Body

{
  "ExtractionRequest":{
    "@odata.type":"#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.EndOfDayPricingExtractionRequest",
    "ContentFieldNames":[
    	"RIC",
		"Ticker",
		"Universal Ask Price",
		"Universal Bid Ask Date",
		"Universal Bid Price",
		"Universal Close Price",
		"Volume"
    ],
    "IdentifierList":{ 
        "@odata.type":"#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentListIdentifierList",
        "InstrumentListId":"0x0602dfc25d2b3016"
    }
  }
}

Response

{
    "error": {
        "message": "No permission for template \"EndOfDayPricingReportTemplate\"."
    }
}

why?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Hi. Yes, its account's permission issue.

Thank you!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.