Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
17 2 6 7

Backend error. 400 Bad Request

I've been using the Python API for Eikon with no major issues so far the last few months.

As of today, when trying to do some updates I'm getting quite a lot of

requests.exceptions.HTTPError: Backend error. 400 Bad Request

The API does a few pulls (loops_ before dropping me out with the error above.

I have tried a different RIC but also encounters a similar issue.

Is there an issue from the server end?

This code has ran without issues for the last 3 months.

Thanks.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @XxFaTexX,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

XxFaTexX avatar image   XxFaTexX Nipat Kunvutipongsak

The issue is currently not appearing again.

So I am unable to replicate the error.

I want to demonstrate that the servers are not appropriately designed and result in a lot of maintenance/outages/stress loads that are not transparently revealed.

I will wait for another such situation so I can reply to this post and build on this discussion when it happens again.

Thanks.

It seems to be a server related issue and the customer still wants to wait for the problem re-occurs again in the future.

Hello @XxFaTexX

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

It could be timeout. If the request takes longer than 18 seconds to process, the application will get 400 Bad Request. If you are requesting the DataGrid Series data, please try to reduce the requested period.

If you have any further questions, please share your requests.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
4.3k 2 4 5

Could you can activate debug trace to give us more detail ?
(just add parameter debug=True in get_data call)

If the root cause is a timeout, you can extend the limit (default: 60 seconds).

Ex: ek.set_timeout(120) to extend to 120 seconds

icon clock
10 |1500

thanks Pierre. I will give that a shot and keep you posted.

This error seems to come and go.

It seems more like a server load/instability issue.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.