Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
166 12 18 21

Eikon API with R - eikonapir - Port Number

As the API capabilities have been integrated into the Eikon Toolbar, the port number being used has changed to 9000 (from 36036). Is it possible to change it in the source code? I am not too familiar with R myself, so I don't know where to do this. I am aware this is an unofficial package, but there are clients interested in it. Please note that I raised it as an issue on Github already.

The package is still looking for 36036, so I get the following error:

Error in curl::curl_fetch_memory(url, handle = handle) : Couldn't connect to server

Thanks!!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apieikon-data-api-r
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks Evgeny. I guess I have to rebuild the package as I don't know where to manually change it in my local package/build. Out of curiousity, why is there a letter "L" after the port number? For "listening"?

L denotes an integer in the R notation, see this.

Interesting, I didn't know that. Thanks!

Upvotes
942 8 9 13

Hi @Joris.Hoendervangers

A new version that uses port 9000 instead of 36036 is available in GitHub.

A set_proxy_port function has been added if you need to use another port number.

icon clock
10 |1500

My experience has been that it didn't work until I added a line with what should have been the default:

set_proxy_port(9000L)

Thanks Olivier, I saw the activity on Github. Great stuff!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.