For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 2

DSS API: Data Usage: Menu Instrument Extraction ; Menu Instrument Usage ; Menu Quote

I'm looking for a Rest Api / or (Soap Api) call for the following DSS Web GUI windows:
Menu: User/Usage/Instrument Extraction
Found nothing on Rest / Maybe it is for SOAP : ReportUsage?
When is it available for REST?

Menu: User/Usage/Quota
REST API: Quota/GetQuotaInformation - I've made some tests and it seems that it is only a statistic for TRTH extractions. Seems that extractions from standard reports like EoD report are not included. Am I right? It seems that the Rest API call Quota is only available for DSS TRTH users.

Rest: Quota/GetAuthorizedRicList (Returns the AuthorizedRicList that the user is authorized to use.)
What does it mean? Is it the same as "Rics (on TRTH) that the user has already used"

Which API call shows information about which RIC's are used per day grouped by report template?

Is it planned to stop the support for the DSS SOAP API? TRTH is always REST only

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssdss-soap-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @martin.wendt

The visibility of this post should be opened to all users, since non TR users will benefit from these question/answers.

Asked expert Troy Dalldorf

@martin.wendt, thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Upvote
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@martin.wendt, I'll respond as far as I can, for the DSS REST API.

There are 2 calls in the REST API:

Quota/GetAuthorizedRicList: returns the AuthorizedRicList that the user is authorized to use. If the quota service sees a new RIC (in a request), it gets added to the authorized RIC list, unless the cumulative quota has been reached for that asset class. In other words, it delivers a list of all RICs that were requested and delivered before hitting a quota limit.

GetQuotaInformation: returns the quota summary for the logged in user. Quota limitations apply at the client level. All the users pertaining to a client have the same quota restrictions. Results are by Quota Category (Cash, Futures, etc.), and indicate the current count, and the limit.

I don't know the answers to your other queries, I will escalate this.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
21 0 0 0

@martin.wendt

DSS will have RestAPI to pull usage information as part of 12.0 release. Current SOAP API is being phased out. Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.