Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
98 27 33 35

Where can I see how many "subfields" a TR field has?

Hello everyone,

I'd like to know how many "subfields" a TR field has. For instance, for calling TR.TotalReturn, I can also call TR.TotalReturn.calcDate or TR.TotalReturn.Date. Where can I see how many of these "subfields" are available for a given TR field? Is it documented anywhere?

Thanks for your time!

Aquiles

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

You can find it in Eikon app called Data Item Browser or in Eikon Excel Formula Builder wizard. Find the field you're interested in, then on the right hand side of the dialog box switch from Description to Parameters tab and see the drop-down for the Output parameter.
For more info on using Data Item Browser or Formula Builder for metadata discovery see the following tutorial
https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/eikon-data-apis/learning?content=14707&type=learning_material_item

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.