Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

Hope someone can help in regards to Eikon API -> Search Results Limitations

What is the limit (if there are any) in terms of the number of returned Search results based on certain criteria? It is 2k, 5k or ? We are looking at the S&P 500 and all bonds issued by all entities. This could be around 35k instruments.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apisearchapi-limits
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Rasyid Kwee
Thank you for your participation in the forum.
Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.
Thanks,
-AHS

@Rasyid Kwee
Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,
-AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

You can get all identifiers with one request, such as this:

it yields ~84,156 ISINs (after dropna())

But if you like to get some underlying info on those you will have to package the codes in multiple requests. If I need 3-4 fields, I can easily have 5000 items in my request.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Zhanya, Thank you for your quick response and input! Just to confirm your answer- basically it can be done and we can use the Eikon API to extract all companies within the S&P 500 and their underlying issues? There is no limit as we have seen using Eikon for Excel? Further more- if I then want to extract some additional fields (i.e. coupon rate, maturity date) the no. of items significantly increases for my request. Thank you again!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.