question

Upvotes
Accepted
43 3 4 4

IndexOutOfBoundException during RFA Login

Hi, I need your help for below error.

In our app we are using Java RFA to receive market data. When I send login request RFA shows "Failed connection:IndexOutOfBoundsException:
Please note that oOur ADS server does not receive any login message.

I am also seeing some strange un-readable characters in response message. Detail response message is shown below. Can anyone point out whats going wrong here? and how to interpret this error?

I am initializing my encoder with below mentioned size.

OMMEncoder encoder = ommPool.acquireEncoder();<br>encoder.initialize(OMMTypes.MSG, 50000);

Response message from RFA (using GenericOMMParser provided in RFA examples)

Msg Model Type: LOGIN
	Indication Flags: 
	Hint Flags: HAS_ATTRIB_INFO | HAS_STATE
	State: OPEN, SUSPECT, NONE,  "Ø(
yConnection to tkrmdsdev01.nomura.com:14002 failed in connection Tiger::RFAFeed: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: nullR&jitkarrF
ApplicationId?215Position?10.199.92.165/MUMWD041460Role"
	AttribInfo
		Name: jitkarr
		NameType: 1 (USER_NAME)
		Attrib
			ELEMENT_LIST
				ELEMENT_ENTRY ApplicationId: Ø(
yConnection to tkrmdsdev01.nomura.com:14002 failed in connection Tiger::RFAFeed: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: nullR&jitkarrF
ApplicationId?215Position?10.199.92.165/MUMWD041460Role
				ELEMENT_ENTRY Position: Ø(
ApplicationId?215Position?10.199.92.165/MUMWD041460Role
				ELEMENT_ENTRY Role: 0
	Payload: None
treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@ramesh.jitkar
Would you be able to provide additional details Nipat Kunvutipongsak asked for on Feb 19th? Or did the suggestions provided by Nipat already help you solve the problem you experienced? In the latter case could you please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

@ramesh.jitkar
Since we haven't heard from you in a while and didn't get the info we need to progress the issue you reported, I marked your own answer as Accepted to close this thread. If you need any further assistance, please start a new thread.

Upvotes
Accepted
43 3 4 4

Hi @Umer Nalla

1. I am using RFA 6 and Java sdk 1.6
2. Standard example works perfectly fine.

In fact when I run my app from within Intelij, it works perfectly fine. However when I bundle app (with gradle) into a Java webstart WAR file then it fails and RFA gives above junk output.

Application logs correctly shows the configuration parameters like, server list, connection type RSSL etc.
Since issue does not occure while running from IDE (Intelij) I am not able to proceed ahead with debug or investigation.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@ramesh.jitkar

May I get the LOGIN result when you run the application in Intelij?

I suspected that this problem might relate to character encoding.

Also, according to stackoverflow.com, there are some suggestions regarding gradle build encoding settings:

compileJava.options.encoding = 'UTF-8'

tasks.withType(JavaCompile) {
    options.encoding = 'UTF-8'
}
apply plugin: 'java'
tasks.withType(JavaCompile) {
    options.encoding = 'UTF-8'
}
repositories {
    mavenCentral()
}
test {
    systemProperty "file.encoding", "utf-8"
}
org.gradle.jvmargs='-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8'
Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @ramesh.jitkar

A few questions:

1. What version of RFA API are you using and which Java SDK version?
  2. Does this problem occur when using one of the standard examples that comes with the RFA Java SDK e.g. QuickStartConsumer or with the Tutorial example on this website:

Tutorial 6 - RDM; Login and event registration

If you have not tried with one of the examples or tutorials - please do so and report back the results here.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.