Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 2 2 4

Python input old ISIN and return RIC

In excel I can use RSearch to do this....

=RSearch("EQUITY","Search; SE0000143521","NBROWS:1",,)

and it will return the RIC even though the ISIN has been updated. Can I do this in python using symbology somehow? I see I can return the PermanentID for the security, but that is about all. RIC and other codes are NaNs?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apisymbologyisin
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @brendan,

Are you on the latest Eikon library, as per @Alex Putkov. suggestion?

Are you still seeing the issue?

Hello @brendan,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is on of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Hello @brendan

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is on of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

With Eikon Data API, if you set bestMatch to False, it will return a list of mapped RICs.

map.png (23.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 2 2 4

Hi when I input bestMatch to the python code it returns an error, "unexpected keyword argument 'bestMatch' " Is there something else I need to change

icon clock
10 |1500

I think you must have an older version of eikon package installed. Upgrade eikon library from PyPI: run "pip install --upgrade eikon".

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.