Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
11 6 4 7

HTTPError: Backend error. 500 Internal Server Error

Hi, I am using Eikon Python API to retrieve time series data. The code has been working well but today it reports an error msg:

HTTPError: Backend error. 500 Internal Server Error

My code is this:

df = ek.get_timeseries( [ 'LCOc1' ], fields = None, start_date = dt.datetime(2016, 1, 29, 7, 0, 0, 0 ), end_date = dt.datetime.today(), interval='monthly', count = None, calendar = None, corax = None, normalize = False, raw_output = False, debug = False)

Could you please advise any reason for the breakdown? Thanks.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apihistorical
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @chong.xu ,

Have you experienced the issue below on that specific day, or do you continue seeing the issue?

Thanks

-AHS

I continue seeing this issue since today error.png

error.png (13.1 KiB)

Hello @chong.xu,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hi again @chong.xu,

If the product was released we would expect service outages to be rare and alerts for service interruptions to be listed on:

My Account - Alerts

Eikon Data APIs are in Beta, so not included in alerting.

However, by reviewing the alerts today:

We find much and can suppose. My thoughts are that historic Time Series data for Eikon has to be retrieved, this pathway can potentially and intermittently be disrupted by DataScope Select planned maintenance.

But I would expect, during Beta period, there will be times when the service will fail to respond to the requests.

Hope this explanation helps to understand what to expect.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @chong.xu,

I have just tried to reproduce your issue by testing:

ek.get_timeseries(['LCOc1'], fields = None, start_date = "2016-01-29T19:00:00", end_date = "2018-03-15T15:04:05", interval="monthly", count = None, calendar = None, corax = None, normalize = False, raw_output = False, debug = False)

my result was as expected:

so in order to understand exactly what you are seeing on your side of testing, it's important to understand:

have you been seeing error 500 as a response to this specific query consistently, over 6 days period, or you have seen it once 6 days ago, and today, again?

Thanks

ek-20180315-1.gif (28.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

This problem shows up on my end sporadically. My data request failed about every 3 out of 4 times. I change the RIC for different products and the same error pops up consistently. Today is the first day I see this error repeatedly (the code has been working well for months).

It says 'Backend Error'. Anything to do with Eikon server?

Thanks indeed.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.