question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 3 2 7

Example C# SDK code for downloading gzip file from TRTH?

A client is trying to make on demand requests to TRTH using the sample code in the C# SDK - the request is for 3 RICs for a day's worth of tick data (Time and Sales) and the download is incomplete. I suspect that the client is relying on the streaming download being sent directly to their command line display instead of downloading the .gzip file. Is there a TRTH example in C# that downloads the gzip file? The examples I have seen usually echo the data straight to the GUI (using Visual Studio or the Dss.Api.Examples.exe).

I know that there are Python examples to download (I use them) but this client seems to need C# and cannot figure it out for themselves.

tick-history-rest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@mrr, this is a good opportunity to suggest to your customer to use the TRDC portal and forum. It is free, he can use a pseudo to avoid sharing his identity, he can find documentation, downloads, tutorials, and post queries on the forum directly. The contents of the forum are kept up to date, and the forum is quite active, so he will usually get quick responses.

@mrr, would you mind if we make this query public ? There is no reason to make it internal, customers could benefit from reading this.

@mrr
Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.
Thanks,
-AHS

@mrr
Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.
Thanks,
-AHS

Hi @mrr,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@mrr, yes, we have a C# sample that saves the data in a compressed file.

It is based on an intraday summary, not Time and Sales, but the download part would be the same whatever data type you request.

It is described in .Net SDK Tutorial 5, the code is available under the downloads tab.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.