Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Retrieving detailed fundamental data from API

I am looking to download as detailed financial data as possible from the API. However, the terminal provides more details than the get_data() function. For instance, looking at the Income Statement in the “As reported” view in the terminal for Ericsson (Ticker: ERICb.ST) I get 4 items of Impairments (see attached file). However, when I try to access these from the Eikon API or Excel (excel code =TR(“ERICb.ST”,”TR.ImprmtAssetsHeldforUse”), I only get the sum of these four items. Is there a way to get the same level of details from the Eikon API as in the terminal? For example, by using the send_json_request()?screenshot.png

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apifundamentals
screenshot.png (253.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

To the best of my knowledge as reported view of financial statements is only available in the Company View, but not through Excel or any Eikon APIs. TR.ImprmtAssetsHeldforUse field corresponds to a line item in standardized view of income statement.
You may want to verify my answer with Thomson Reuters Helpdesk, who can give you an authoritative response to whether as reported view can be retrieved into Excel. If, as I believe, this data cannot be retrieved into Excel, it also cannot be retrieved through the API. To reach Thomson Reuters Helpdesk either call the Helpdesk number in your country or use Contact Us capability in Eikon application (main Eikon menu - Help - Contact Us).

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.