Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvote
Accepted
78 3 1 9

400 Bad Request - catch/retries and chunking don't help

Hi,

I am experience a significant worsening of the '400 Bad Request' problem.

My program retrieves a few EOD stats for every Canadian exchange-listed symbol at 5PM Eastern of each day.

I already implemented the retry logic and I am already invoking get_data for chunks of 100 symbols, however it does not help - still too many retries and clearly something is wrong with the product - it's not supposed to be so flaky.

Sample log excerpt:

2018-04-19 15:41:45,469 WARNING Retrying, attempt 15 out of 20...
('entity: ', 'DataGrid')
('payload: ', {'instruments': ['AGO.CCP', 'JP_t.CCP',..., 'BEA.CCP'], 'parameters': {'SDate': '20180418', 'EDate': '20180418'}, 'fields': [{'name': 'TR.CLOSEPRICE'}, {'name': 'TR.TURNOVER'}, {'name': 'TR.NUMBEROFTRADES'}, {'name': 'TR.ACCUMULATEDVOLUME'}, {'name': 'TR.BLOCKTRADEVOLUME'}, {'name': 'TR.NUMBEROFBLOCKTRADES'}, {'name': 'TR.TSVWAP'}]})
Request: {"ID": "123", "Entity": {"E": "DataGrid", "W": {"instruments": ["AGO.CCP", "JP_t.CCP", ..., "BEA.CCP"], "parameters": {"SDate": "20180418", "EDate": "20180418"}, "fields": [{"name": "TR.CLOSEPRICE"}, {"name": "TR.TURNOVER"}, {"name": "TR.NUMBEROFTRADES"}, {"name": "TR.ACCUMULATEDVOLUME"}, {"name": "TR.BLOCKTRADEVOLUME"}, {"name": "TR.NUMBEROFBLOCKTRADES"}, {"name": "TR.TSVWAP"}]}}}
HTTP Response: 200 - {"ErrorCode":400,"ErrorMessage":"Backend error. 400 Bad Request"}
2018-04-19 15:42:04,533 WARNING Extract failed.

Any suggestions?

Also, any updates on investigation and resolution of the root cause in Reuters EIKON?

Thanks,

Pavel

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierror-400
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
942 9 9 13

This ‘400 Bad Request’ error is a known issue that impacts several customers. Thomson Reuters development teams are working on a solution. I cannot give you any resolution date yet, but I hope you will see some improvement soon.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Is there a resolution in place for this yet? I am facing the exact same issue for `closePrice` and tried all possible workarounds but to no avail.

Upvotes
78 3 1 9

I accepted the answer, but would like for someone to follow up with the ETA on the resolution of this ongoing problem.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.