Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 1 3

How to get USA Fund NetValue data using PYTHON interface

I want to get USA Fund NetValue using python, can anybody tell me how to do this? Thank you

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

I suggest you speak to your local Thomson Reuters Support Desk and build out an excel model with their help first - this will get you familiarised with the data model. Alternatively, you can pick a sample instrument and open it in the Data Item Browser app (DIB) on Eikon to find the proper field.

Here is a quick sample for an US ETF:

df, e = tr.get_data(['QQQ.OQ'], ['TR.FundNAV'])

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Many thanks. I used PyCharm to develop my python programme. Which library should I include first? For example, when we use pandas ,we often used like the following:

# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-from datetime import *
from pandas import DataFrame,Series
import pandas as pd
import os
import logging
import math

You should install the eikon package with pip and import it. Have a look at this tutorial to set up the dev environment.

Thank you for your help. I have installed eEikon using PIP ^_^

Also another question, I see your code,I should input the Fund Code to get its netvalue. then,how can I get the full fundcode of USA fund market?

@qidifei
I suggest you also see the following tutorial, which talks at length about metadata discovery (how you can find symbols, fields and parameters to use in your data requests) and about modeling data retrieval in Excel and translating it into Python code.
https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/eikon-apis/eikon-data-apis/learning?content=14707&type=learning_material_item

Many thanks! Your share is very useful

As I proposed originally, I suggest you discuss this with your local support desk and build out your workflow with excel.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.