Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 2

Sample Period From Eikon

Hi there,

I am a new PhD student and a new user of Eikon. When I download data from Eikon, I faced some problems. In particular, the fiscal year quite confused me.

For example, I want to download "audit fees" data for New Zealand companies. First, I choose country of exchange=> New Zealand. Second, I search "Data item library" => "Audit Fees,Supplemental". Third, I chose "series"=> Last 5 FY => from FY0 (newest to oldest) => OK.

However, after random checking some companies, I found a problem for the data. Current date is 24th of June 2018. For Company A whose fiscal year end is on 30th of June, the FY0 will show the data for 2017 as 2017 is the last fiscal year. For company B whose fiscal year end is 31st of March, the FY0 will show the data for 2018 as 2018 is the last fiscal year. So FY0 is not showing the same year for different companies in this situation.

Is there any method to choose a specific period of time (e.g., FY2010 to FY2017) when download data?

Thanks very much!

Regards,

Sean

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@X.Sun1

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Hello @X.Sun1

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@X.Sun1
You can indeed use absolute period references, e.g.
TR.AuditFees(Period=FY2010;FY2017)
or
ek.get_data('ASX.AX',['TR.AuditFees.date','TR.AuditFees.fpa','TR.AuditFees'],{'Period':'FY2010;FY2017'})

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.6k 26 7 22

I suggest that you should contact Thomson Reuters support desk and try building out a function in Eikon Excel first. If it is possible, we can help you then port it to an API call.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

I'm a graduate student at IESE Business School. I'm having an issue with reporting dates (doing my research project on Finance). Can I use Financial Period Absolute to report a financial period (not a particular date)?

________

IESE Finance > Thomson Reuters > Thomson Reuters Eikon > Excel tasks via domyessay

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @Kruser

I suggest that you contact the Refinitiv Content Helpdesk at https://my.refinitiv.com/ to clarify the data field you are using.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.