question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 5 3 4

Historical price at 17:00 series for a stock through the Tick History REST API

I'd like to get through the REST API historical price data (10 years) for a stock. I want the tick closest to 17:00:00. ¿Is there a way of getting just the series with "17:00 price" for the 10 years? I don't want to download every tick and I don't want to make a different request for each day and tick

tick-history-rest-apihistoricalrest-apitick-data
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@alvaro.canencia, thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@alvaro.canencia, I'm sorry to say there is no such call available.

You do not mention which type of price you want at 17:00 ?

I'm thinking maybe you could request Intraday hourly bars; this would dramatically diminish the size of data you would retrieve. That call delivers several fields that might be of use to you: Close Ask, Close Bid, Last, Open, Open Ask, Open Bid. Would that be of use ?

If not, then effectively the only way is to make a request for tick data for a time range of a few minutes around 17:00, and pick out the price closest to 17:00, but this method will take a certain time, due to the overhead of each request.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
9 5 3 4

Thanks @Christiaan Meihsl,

Type of price could be last or avg of some bid and ask at that time

I'll try to get it with the intraday hourly bars

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
11.3k 25 9 14

@alvaro.canencia

Is 17:00 the market close time for the stock? If you want historical End of Day prices, you can request ElektronTimeSeries.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.