Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
13 6 4 12

Use Eikon Python Data API to call the RSearch function formula

I am trying to use Eikon Python Data API to call the RSearch function to retrieve the complete list of warrants of mexican stock exchange. Here is the code I used: rt = ek.get_data('RSearch("WARRANT","RCSIssuerCountryLeaf:Mexico")', 'TR.CommonName'), but this doesn't work. Does anyone know how to make this work?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

I'm afraid at the moment Eikon Data APIs do not provide criteria search capability for anything other than equities, which is available with equity screener.
There's a COM library named RSearch, which provides the same capability as RSearch worksheet function in Eikon Excel, but unfortunately this COM library cannot be used in Python. It can only be used in Microsoft development environment (Visual Studio or VBA Editor).

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ok. I am looking at the Eikon COM API. According to the website https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/eikon-com/eikon-desktop-data-api/quick-start, the dlls are in the Eikon installation package. However, I don't see dex2.dll, rtx.dll, rsearch.dll in my Eikon installation folder. Can you please tell me where I can find them?

The easiest way to find these files is to search for them in Eikon install folder.
The files are installed under
...\X\Bin\rtx.dll
...\X\Bin\Apps\TR.OFFICE.CORE\0.0.0.0\Bin\Dex2.dll
...\X\Bin\Apps\TR.OFFICE.CORE\0.0.0.0\Bin\RSearch.dll
In the above the part of path to the dlls may begin with 'X', 'Y', or 'Z'.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.