Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
39 5 6 6

Historical bid/ask FX Eikon API

Hi Reuters,

I am currently using a python script that links up our FX OMS database with Eikon python API, to check if the rate we are getting are within pre agreed discretionary spread off the BBO at the time. Think of it as a real time sanity check/fat finger monitor.

Currently I am using get_data which pulls in the best bid/ask for FX eg PHP= at time we get the FIX fill. It works fine however I am looking to be able to pull one historical data point given a date/time such as when my code crashes... don’t want to compare historical fills against real time/current rates

Get_timeseries would be best for this however believe it doesn’t support bid/ask, and seems like get_data doesn’t support historical time?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @JIAN.DU,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @JIAN.DU,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

That's correct. You can access only the interday time series with the get_data() call, while get_timeseries() currently exposes only the default view, which is BID for PHP=, so there is not really a solution for what you would like to do in Python.

You can use RHistory COM API in Excel VBA for this purpose or the .NET Time series data API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks Zhenya, Is there an enhancement for this in the pipeline?

Hello @Zhenya Kovalyov,

I am guessing there is no plans, however, can not be sure, could you please help answering the follow-up question.

Thanks!

Hello @Zhenya Kovalyov,

Should we confirm with product?

Thanks

@JIAN.DU we a looking to add this functionality some time next year

Hi Zhenya just wondering if there is any update to getting this released? Seems pretty basic functionality.

Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.