question

Upvotes
Accepted
61 4 9 12

Ordering of CacheControl Messages

In the Redi API when getting messages via the CacheControl how can I determine the order that messages were received? For example I place an order into the demo environment and receive two messages back. The first message response has a RediOrderRefKey of SYBxxxxx and the second message has a RediOrderRefKey of YS61222xxxxx. I know that the SYB is the stand in message for a new order and the YS6 is for the real accepted order. But not having that knowledge I can't find a field in the CacheControl message that puts these updates in any particular order. I thought the Time field might update with each message but my testing shows that the time value remains the same whether I receive a message about a new order or a second message, a few minutes later, about that same order being cancelled.

Is there an enumerator that will tell me the correct order?

Should I just assume that order cache events will show up in the correct order and I can just increment my own internal counter?

redi-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<AHS Only>

I've sent the email to REDI-API@thomsonreuters.com team.

@tobermark

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@tobermark
Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,
-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 0 0

@tobermarkCache control is guaranteed to fire events in the correct order.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
21 0 0 0

Cache Control is guaranteed to fire events in the correct order.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.