Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 3 4 6

How to get RtGet('IDN', 'USDFF3L3Y=PYNY', 'PRIM ACT 1') through python API or other API?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apirt-get
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

implying you have access to =PYNY RICs:

import eikon as tr
tr.set_app_key('your key')
df, e = tr.get_data(['USDFF3L3Y=PYNY'],['PRIMACT_1']
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
21 3 4 6

How about other fields i.e.

"SECOND ACTIVY 1"

For US6YT=TWEB, it has

"RT YIELD 1" and

"SEC YLD 1"

What are the corresponding field name in python API?

Besides, is there a way that I can get them as some historical day close i.e. 9/21/2018?

Thanks,

Peng

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

You can find field names in Data Item Browser app in Eikon. Type in the RIC in the app. Real-time fields can be displayed by selecting Content Classification: Real Time as filter. I would suggest further narrowing the fields displayed by selecting a specific asset class.

Real Time fields don't have any history associated with them. To find historical close price as of a specific date, examine the fields available under Content Classification: Time Series Data. Once you've selected a Time Series Data field you can set the parameters such as the time range by selecting the Parameters tab in the top-right corner of the Data Item Browser app, and then you can copy the whole expression that you can use in your code by clicking Copy Formula button in the bottom-right corner. For more details on how to find metadata for use with Eikon Data APIs see this tutorial.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.