Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 3

"You will need a new app to open this reuters" message

Hi,

I am interested in using .net Eikon API to retrieve realtime Fx data.

I have downloaded the sample app on https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/eikon-apis/net-apis-use-custom-applications/downloads

However, when I get to run this app, I get "You will need a new app to open this reuters" pop up.

Why do I get this and how can I run this sample application successfully?

Regards,

Hee-Tae

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@h.kim could you attach the screenshot of the message? the message is nothing i can recognise. Could you also confirm that you have Eikon installed and running?

Hi,

I am getting the following.

I am not running Eikon on my machine. Is this required?

capture.png (4.2 KiB)

@h.kim yes, as it is the Eikon desktop API, you will have to have Eikon up and running in order to use this API.

Upvote
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

It is a generic windows error that occurs because Eikon is not installed on your machine.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ok i understand. Is there any other way or any other APIs that I can use without requiring Eikon running on the same machine

there are, but I can only recommend contacting your account manager to figure out the suitable solution. I will send you an email with the details.

thank you very much for your help

Upvote
22.2k 59 14 21

@h.kim I just downloaded and ran the sample. It compiles and works fine. You will need Eikon installed on your local machine, for it to run.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.