question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 2 1 5

Stuck in Session.Acquire() when running an existing program under a new service account

Hi,

When I try to run an existing old program using a new service account. It gets stuck in

Session.Acquire("OUR_APPNAME")

When I run the same program using the old service account, it runs successfully.

The new service account is set up having the same read/write access on the server folders.

What could cause the issue? This is very urgent.

I didn't write this program and am completely new to RFA. So I'm completely lost. Our internal RFA support cannot answer any dev problems so they direct me to this Forum.

Please help me.

Many Thanks.

Jude

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
21 2 1 5
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
22k 58 14 21

@jude.x.jin you didn't mention the programming language, but I assume it is C++. RFA C++ can read the configuration settings from a flat file or from registry. In your case, it seems like the new service account does not have the RFA configuration properly set in registry. Try to import the settings from old account into the new account. A sample RFA configuration registry file is also provided with the SDK examples.

https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/thomson-reuters-enterprise-platform/robust-foundation-api-rfa/downloads

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
21 2 1 5

HI, Gurpreet.

I'm using C#. Could you please give me more detailed steps of how to export configuration from registry in old account and import into new account?

I'm totally new to RFA. I wasn't the one who set up RFA on the server.

Many Thanks,

Jude

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
21 2 1 5

@Gurpreet I cannot access the link you give me.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
22k 58 14 21

You can also get the sample RFA configuration from your SDK installation. Firstly, you will need to verify that the application is indeed using configuration from registry. In the code, you are looking for how staging database is loaded -- something along the lines of:

fileConfig:

RFA_String exampleRfaCfgFilePath = new RFA_String("./ExampleRFA.cfg");
stgCfgDataBase.Load(ConfigRepositoryTypeEnum.flatFile, exampleRfaCfgFilePath);

registry:
RFA_String exampleRfaCfgRegPath = new RFA_String("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Reuters\\RFA\\Default");
stgCfgDataBase.Load(ConfigRepositoryTypeEnum.windowsRegistry, exampleRfaCfgRegPath);

Here you can also see the path to the registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Reuters\RFA\Default) which your new system account should be able to access.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
21 2 1 5

@Gurpreet Following your suggestion, the code is showing that it is using RFA.cfg file. So it is not based on registry setting. RFA.cfg is readable by everyone. So is it weird that Session.Acquire() is stuck under new service account?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
22k 58 14 21

Can you enable the logger entries in the configuration file and check RFA log for more information. Configuration settings are explained in the RFANET_ConfigGuide.pdf file available in the docs directory in the SDK.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
21 2 1 5

@Gurpreet

Thanks for your prompt reply. Could you please tell me how to configure the log in RFA.cfg, probabaly just one line, right?

I don't have the SDK nor the SDK doc. I have applied to the API membership just now.

Could you please email the doc to jude.x.jin@us.hsbc.com ?

Thanks a lot!

Jude

icon clock
10 |1500

Sent the config guide.

Please see this thread for information on RFA logging -

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/6057/activate-full-message-logs-for-rssl-connections-in.html

Upvotes
21 2 1 5

@Gurpreet

below is the content of the RFA.cfg file. i masked the host name

RFA.cfg

\Sessions\VolFitterSession\connectionList = "ElektronEdge"
\Connections\ElektronEdge\connectionType = "RSSL"
\Connections\ElektronEdge\serverList = "*******.hsbc"
\Connections\ElektronEdge\rsslPort = "21100"

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.