Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 2 4

Ownership data through API

Hi,

I would like to download ownership data for a given company on a certain date through API. for example something like:

ek.get_data(['0973.HK'], ['TR.SharesHeld','TR.SharesHeldValue','TR.PctOfSharesOutHeld','TR.InvestorFullName','TR.InvParentType','TR.InvestorType','TR.InvInvestmentStyleCode','TR.InvInvmtOrientation','TR.InvAddrCountry','TR.HoldingsDate','TR.PrevHoldingsDate','TR.CompanyCntCountryA'], {'SDate': 0})

but it returned NaN under each field (the name of the fields are correctly returned though), what is the issue here? Also I am a bit uncertain about the date format here, is there somewhere I could find the complete reference for the parameters for get_data?

Best wishes,

Ding.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@ding.chen to better understand the data model of the ownership data try looking at one of the pre-built excel templates, such as 'SINGLE SECURITY - CONSOLIDATED OWNERSHIP OVERVIEW' (Excel Ribbon > Thomson Reuters > Templates and search for 'ownership' tag).

The issue with you request is that you mix fields from different types of reports. Try executing them according to their respective groups. For example,

df, e = tr.get_data(['0973.HK'], ['TR.SharesHeld','TR.SharesHeldValue'])

or

df, e = tr.get_data(['0973.HK'], ['TR.PctOfSharesOutHeld','TR.InvestorFullName','TR.InvParentType','TR.InvestorType','TR.InvInvestmentStyleCode','TR.InvInvmtOrientation','TR.InvAddrCountry'])

will both return data.

For the parameters, you can either use the Excel's formula builder or the Data Item Browser app on Eikon, selecting the parameter tab.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Zhenya Kovalyov Ah ok, I can get data by removing the TR.CompanyCntCountryA item. As for the parameters, are they identical to the one produced by the excel forumla builder?

Thank you for your help.

@ding.chen yep, except for response formatting params, like CH and RH.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.