Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 0 1

Your Eikon account is not allowed to run Eikon API Proxy response when using Eikon API R.

I am trying to use the eikonapir package with R and when I try to run the following line I get a response that says my account is not allowed to run Eikon API proxy.

get_data("IBM",list('TR.DivExDate','TR.DivAdjustedGross','TR.DivCurr'),list('DateType'='XD','SDate'='1D','EDate'='2016-01-01'), debug=TRUE)

I have generated an App Key and I have Eikon logged in on my computer.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apir
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Access to Eikon Data APIs is excluded from lower tier Eikon variants: Eikon Core and Eikon for Exchange Pricing. If your Eikon variant is one of the above, the error you saw is normal and expected. In order to use Eikon Data APIs you need to upgrade your Eikon subscription to a higher tier variant of Eikon.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for the response. I have Eikon Core so that makes sense.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.