For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
45 11 21 14

Requesting entity details for TR OrgIDs does not return data for some OrgIDs

Hi

Using the data returned by a bond ratings request that included issuer OrgID, I used the returned OrgIDs to request entity detailed data.

But to my great surprise, the results do not show ANY data for 4 (out of 16) OrgIDs, including one which is the OrgID of the UK government returned in previous T-Bills instruments requests ! Not only do I not get any data, but I don't even get an empty result row for these OrgIDs ! How come ?

The 4 missing OrgIDs are:

• 19038 Issuer Nationwide B Soc
  • 45240 Issuer Rabobank London
  • 95822 Issuer UK Government Treasury
  • 107216921 Issuer ABN Amro Amsterdam
dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssentity
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
462 14 11 15

@bernard.thouin

Hi Bernard,

I've had a look at the OrgIDs in terms of existing and the DSS GUI confirms that data on these 4 does exist:

OrgID: 95822 (Detail)

OrgID: 19038 (Detail)

OrgID: 45240 (Detail)

OrgID: 107216921 (Detail)

Initially it's probably worth you confirming if you have Legal Entity Detail via the User Permissions enabled on your ID via the GUI, it will be in the "Entity Data" frame, label: Detail, if the checkbox is unchecked then you will need to contact your Refinitiv Account Manager.

If the checkbox is enabled already then please provide the API request code and we can investigate further.

Best regards,

Gareth

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
45 11 21 14

Hi Gareth

Yes, you are right, it's a permission problem, I see that in the DSS GUI, there is always the lock symbol for these IDs, and it tells me to "rent the data" if I click on the details tab... As my employer is currently negotiating a contract for entity data with Refinitiv, I will wait for that to be signed :)

Important for me was to understand the reason for the problem. However, I'd day that it would be much better for the API to return an empty row with an error text saying something like "Permission denied" or similar, instead of returning no row whatsoever, which looks very much like an unexplained bug. My 2 cents...

Bernard

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
45 11 21 14

Gareth

No, wait, strange.

If I use your links to the 4 entities, it tells me I can't get the detail (that's what I describe in my previous answer).

BUT, if I use the User Permissions link, it shows me that I am permissioned for Audit, Detail and Hierarchy ! All 3 have a tick ! So there is something wrong.

Bernard

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
45 11 21 14

Gareth

My API call for the entities is bland, here it is:

extractEntitiesRequest = New LegalEntityDetailExtractionRequest With {.IdentifierList = entityList, .ContentFieldNames = fieldNames,

.Condition = New LegalEntityDetailCondition With {.DeltaDays = 100}}

fieldNames:

Country of Incorporation
Country of Incorporation Description
Country of Risk - Ultimate Parent - All
Derived Parent OrgID
Domicile
Fund Lipper ID
Headquarters City/Town
TRBC Business Sector Code
TRBC Business Sector Code Description
TRBC Economic Sector Code
TRBC Economic Sector Code Description
TRBC Industry Code
TRBC Industry Code Description
Entity LEI
Immediate Parent LEI
Ultimate Parent LEI

entityList:

HTH

Bernard

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi Bernard,

Thanks for the code, the reason appears to be with use of the range of 100 not being enough to capture data .DeltaDays = 100

I did a wider capture extraction via the GUI and the 4 in question the Last Change Date between then and today's date is over the 100 specified, ie. ORG ID 95822 was last changed 22-Dec-2017 (341 days ago) for this specific Identifier list

@Christiaan Meihsl

Hi Christiaan, please could you help on a wider API code which doesn't include DeltaDays, I wasn't sure on this.

Best regards,

Gareth

screenshot.png (23.5 KiB)
Upvote
13.7k 26 8 12

@bernard.thouin, @gareth.teage,

To follow up on Gareth's answers and query, if the issue is related to DeltaDays and not to permissioning, then you can set DeltaDays deifferently. Here is what it can be set to:

• -1 => anytime
  • 0 => today
  • 1 => since yesterday
  • 2 => within 2 days
  • etc.

You could use either a large value, or even -1, to rake in more results.

If you are swamped with results you could program a process along these lines (or some variation of this):

1. Request data with DeltaDays=100
  2. For all instruments that did not deliver data in the previous request, make a request with DeltaDays=365
  3. For all instruments that did not deliver data in the previous request, make a request with DeltaDays=-1

Hope this helps,

Christiaan

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi Christiaan,

The -1 is most useful to be aware of as the value for changed anytime.

Many thanks,

Gareth

Upvotes
45 11 21 14

Gareth, Christiaan

It begs the question why there is a DeltaDays parameter at all. Even if the data is "old", it's still valid, isn't it, so what's the point of hiding it ?

This brings me to another question, which I wanted to ask anyway: how do you find entity data, when you have only basically an entity name and a proprietary entity ID from some banking system for a counterparty, for which you need entity data ? My banking client for example uses loads of financial counterparties for various transactions and as custodians, and they'd like to get TR entity detail data for all of these, but they not always have an LEI for these counterparties.

Thanks for hints about that problem.

Bernard

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi Bernard,

It begs the question why there is a DeltaDays parameter at all. Even if the data is "old", it's still valid, isn't it, so what's the point of hiding it ?

Deltas are more from the workflow point of view, of get all vs. what's changed.

An end user may want to have the workflow of:

> Full populate database/application, then

> going forward daily (or other frequency requirement) process without wasting resources of doing ful overwrite.

DeltaDays -1 = all would be the part in getting all regardless of any changes per Entity.

Best regards,

Gareth

Hi Bernard,

how do you find entity data, when you have only basically an entity name and a proprietary entity ID

I think the Entity Search capability may help you with this (when a DSS supported input Identifier is unknown) GUI : https://hosted.datascope.reuters.com/datascope/search/entity

API examples application: Search > Entity Search: By Name

Best regards,

Gareth

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.