question

Upvotes
Accepted
97 10 12 13

REDI C# API

I tried out sample codes and the "monitor orders" and "monitor positions" examples worked fine.

However, C# Portfolio Trader List Load in C# failed.

The following call returns false with err=NULL

success = ptOrder.Submit(ref err);

Here's the input file I am using.

CSCO,Buy,1,45.9
XLP,Buy,100,
XLU,Sell,100,
XLE,Buy,200,

I am using userid r152885. Perhaps I am not permissioned?

Additionally, is there an example code that shows how to create 'child' orders from these tickets?

redi-apiorderportfolio-trader
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I observe the same, also with the input file that worked fine last year. I suspect our permissions might have expired with 2018. I asked Brian Mullane to check this.

Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@39783854-26aa-4fea-bc93-00b2ec21f8bb,

your input file has the correct format, that is not the issue.

Do you get (for each refused order) a popup similar to this one:

If yes, I suspect there is a permissioning issue with your account. I therefore suggest you contact your Refinitiv account manager. Please post back to tell us if he solved your issue, or if we must continue to investigate.

redi-pending.png (6.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
97 10 12 13

No popup but I contacted my account rep for possible permissioning issue.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
13.7k 26 8 12

@39783854-26aa-4fea-bc93-00b2ec21f8bb,

I tried to investigate further. Today I ran tests twice with the same code and with your instruments:

• Around 11am GMT I reproduced your issue (with popups as I described).
  • Around 4pm GMT the orders were accepted without issue, and I can see them in the Portfolio Trader GUI.

All your instruments are on the US market, I'm wondering if that plays a role. If I am not mistaken US orders should be accepted at 4am ET (9am GMT), maybe even earlier.

I'm investigating in parallel, but if you could try again while the US market is open that could maybe help us pinpoint the cause of the issue.

Also: are you running the latest REDI version ? Between my 2 tests today I upgraded to the latest version 18.2.0.035, that might also have an influence.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.