Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Python API - calling historical vessel data/ list of vessel RICS

Hello,

I am trying to extract both live and historical vessel (fixed asset) data using the python API.

1. I have successfully extracted live data using specific vessel RICs, but I would ideally like to first call a list of vessel RICs which meet a certain criteria (i.e all vessels 200k + DWT), in order to automate the process to keeping an up-to-date vessel list.

2. I have no idea how to access historical vessel voyage/positional information (if even possible).

Any help on either point would be appreciated

thanks

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@stefan.greene,

1. the python api does not have access to search at the moment, so you will only be able to operate on the list built elsewhere. Have a look at the Search > Insert formula functionality in Excel (RSearch function).
  2. To explore the data models for Commodities Physical Assets, I would recommend using the formula builder in Excel, and then replicate the output with python.

So, you can get the series by adding SDate and EDate to your request:

This is how it translates into the api call:

df, e = ek.get_data('C}KV7309483272', ['TR.AssetLocationLatitude.date','TR.AssetLocationLatitude', 'TR.AssetLocationLongitude'], {'SDate':'0D', 'EDate':'-1AW'}) 

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.