Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

How to connect R with reuters eikon?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apir-studio
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@mohd.tariq.azim

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @mohd.tariq.azim

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@mohd.tariq.azim

For windows operating system please type in the following code, line by line in R interpreter. This will install the eikonapir package and I have also included a simple test get_symbology call to see if it is working for you. You need to generate an App Key for Eikon Data API using the APPKEY Generator app in Eikon (type APPKEY into Eikon searchbar). If you are using the Mac OS Eikon Standalone proxy - use port 36036 (include the L suffix). I hope this can help you.

install.packages("devtools")
library(devtools)
install_github("ahmedmohamedali/eikonapir")
library(eikonapir)
eikonapir::set_proxy_port(9000L)
eikonapir::set_app_id('Your App Key Here')
result <- get_symbology(list("MSFT.O", "GOOG.O", "IBM.N"),"RIC",list("ISIN"),raw_ouput = FALSE,debug=FALSE)
print(result)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.6k 26 7 22
icon clock
10 |1500

This code is not supporting and the link which is taking me to API has guidance on Python not R.

Please help!

Thanks!

@mohd.tariq.azim I am not too sure I understand what you mean. EikonApiR is a community developed package for the Eikon Data API, and the above link has installation instructions and usage examples.

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

install_github("ahmedmohamedali/eikonapir")

The above code is not working.

Please help!

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

Hi

After running the install.packages code (snap is copied below). I am getting an error - 'lib' is unspecified.

Please help.

Thanks!

R> install.packages("Z:/Tariq/Text analytics/eikonapir-master.zip", repos = NULL, type = "win.binary")
Installing package into ‘C:/SWDTOOLS/Rtools/win-library/3.5’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)

icon clock
10 |1500

@mohd.tariq.azim The type of file will be "source" not "win.binary". You might also try to specify the destination location library (using lib parameter) and ensure you have write permissions etc. Please see the R install.packages documentation here. I hope this can help.

Upvotes
1 0 1 2

I have tried to change the type = "source">>> Still the error is coming.

Please see the error

install.packages("Z:/Tariq/Text analytics/eikonapir-master.zip", repos = NULL, type = "source")
Installing package into ‘C:/SWDTOOLS/Rtools/win-library/3.5’
In R CMD INSTALL
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
10.2k 18 6 9

@mohd.tariq.azim Are you sure it is not installing - sometimes a warning is thrown but it might still go through. As I said before you could try specifying a location using the lib= option (providing a location you can write to) It sounds like you might not have write permissions - you could try running as administrator or please see some potential solutions / discussions here . I hope this can help you.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

I don't have an error installing, but when i ran the following codes,

eikonapir::set_app_id('xxxxxxx')

result <- get_symbology(list("MSFT.O", "GOOG.O", "IBM.N"),"RIC",list("ISIN"),raw_ouput = FALSE,debug=FALSE)

the "get_symbology" lines ran a long time. I waited 30mins then had to manually stop it. when i stopped it, i get this error.

Error in curl::curl_fetch_memory(url, handle = handle) :

Operation was aborted by an application callback

any idea why?

Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

MAC OS:

Eikon Data API Proxy Beta 1.0.102 - MacOS

from

05/20/2019 03:02

the port of the proxy is the same as for WIndows OS (9000L), and needs no specification, since it is the default , so you can outcomment the line

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

What's wrong with this?

install.packages("ahmedmohamedali/eikonapir")

Installing package into ‘C:/Users/Felhasználó/Documents/R/win-library/3.5’

Warning in install.packages :

package ‘ahmedmohamedali/eikonapir’ is not available (for R version 3.5.3)

icon clock
10 |1500

> install_github("ahmedmohamedali/eikonapir")

Downloading GitHub repo ahmedmohamedali/eikonapir@master

√ checking for file 'C:\Users\Felhasználó\AppData\Local\Temp\Rtmpcz1x0F\remotes73cc5a2fb26\ahmedmohamedali-eikonapir-4eabcd3/DESCRIPTION' ...

- preparing 'eikonapir':

√ checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ...

- checking for LF line-endings in source and make files and shell scripts

- checking for empty or unneeded directories

- building 'eikonapir_0.1.0.tar.gz'

Installing package into ‘C:/Users/Felhasználó/Documents/R/win-library/3.5’

* installing *source* package 'eikonapir' ...

Error in file(file, if (append) "a" else "w") :

(converted from warning) cannot open file 'C:/Users/Felhasznals/Documents/R/win-library/3.5/eikonapir/DESCRIPTION': No such file or directory

ERROR: installing package DESCRIPTION failed for package 'eikonapir'

* removing 'C:/Users/Felhasználó/Documents/R/win-library/3.5/eikonapir'

In R CMD INSTALL

Error: Failed to install 'eikonapir' from GitHub:

(converted from warning) installation of package ‘C:/Users/FELHAS~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Rtmpcz1x0F/file73cc580f5196/eikonapir_0.1.0.tar.gz’ had non-zero exit status

Upvotes
1 1 0 0

Hello, this is not related to installation but how to download data in R. if you want to make a reference to list of identifiers in a dataframe, how would you do it? For instance, in seeking RICs by company names, the syntax in Python would be:

names=["MICROSOFT","VODAFONE"]

syntax = 'SCREEN(U(IN(Equity(active,public,primary))),Contains(TR.CommonName,' + names[1]') OR Contains(TR.CommonName,' + names[2] + '), CURN=USD)'

df,e=ek.get_data(syntax,'TR.CommonName')

What would be the reference in R equivalent to '+names[1]' in the syntax above?

Many thanks!

icon clock
10 |1500

@asantos2

When you ask a new question, always start a new thread. Old threads with accepted answers are not monitored by forum moderators.

Here's the equivalent code in R using eikonapir library.

names <- list('MICROSOFT','VODAFONE')
screener_exp = paste('SCREEN(U(IN(Equity(active,public,primary))),Contains(TR.CommonName,\'', names[1], '\') OR Contains(TR.CommonName,\'', names[2], '\'), CURN=USD)', sep='')
df <- get_data(screener_exp,'TR.CommonName')

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.