Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
31 0 2 2

No data available for Dutch stocks between 17:30 and 17:35 local time.

Hi,

Using the TAS app and changing the range to 17:30 - 17:35 local time for ASML.AS for any trading day will display tick data (if not right click in the empty table -> Filters -> ClearAll -> Ok). I have a Excel spreadsheet that is also retrieving those data but it doesn't work when using the Eikon Data python API. I am receiving the following EikonError: "No data available for the requested date range."

The request is fairly simple:

import eikon as ek
import datetime as dt
import pytz as tz start_date = tz.utc.localize(dt.datetime(2019, 1, 18, 16, 30)) end_date = tz.utc.localize(dt.datetime(2019, 1, 18, 16, 35)) ek.get_timeseries("ASML.AS", start_date=start_date, end_date=end_date, interval="tick")
Do you have any idea why it is not working?
Many thanks
eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
31 0 2 2

I solved the issue.

I changed the interval to "tas" from "tick" and I added the fields to ["TRDPRC_1"]:

ek.get_timeseries(ric,start_date=start_date,end_date=end_date,interval="tas",fields=["TRDPRC_1"])
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@dyeung, thank you for sharing the solution !

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.