question

Upvotes
Accepted
16 2 4 8

is there a way with the API to provide two host names

Unfortunately, the OpenDACS API only has a single field where I can provide a host name; not two. For UAT I had a GSS name and my understanding was that when one of the instances behind it fails, I will automatically be redirected to the other one. I don’t see a way with the API to provide two host names. I tried setting the host name to a comma-delimited list (I also tried the semicolon as the delimiter) gbl11417.systems.uk.hsbc:8211,gbl11418.systems.uk.hsbc:8211 expecting the API to try the servers in sequence. However, since the first host on that list seems to be down at the moment, it doesn’t even try to connect to the second one. When I switch the order of hosts, it connects to the first one, but never fails over to the second one even as I forcibly close the connection to the first one. Can you please look into getting either a single host name for the pair of servers or finding out of there is a way to provide a list of hosts to the API.

.netDACSopen-dacs
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
665 3 5 6

Hi @jeff.waterman

For OpenDACS .NET use this syntax:

<machine 1> <machine 2>:<port>

i.e. space seperated, the port is specified on the last host.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.