Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 1 0 3

How can I pull information via the EIKON API without the use of a monitor?

Dear Sir/Madam,

Currently I am trying to pull data from Reuters via the EIKON API. In short my question is, how can I pull information (list of all current Dutch ISINs) via the EIKON API without creating a monitor that has all this information.

Thank you in advance.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiisin
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@s.vermeer the only option that is available to you is to execute a screener query. For example, all companies that have HeadQuarters in Netherlands:

df, e = ek.get_data('SCREEN(U(IN(Equity(active,public,primary))), IN(TR.HQCountryCode, NL), CURN=USD)', 'TR.ISIN')

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
2 1 0 3

Dear Zhenya,

Thank you for your helpful response to my question. So far this worked for me.

I am currently trying to find a variable/column that displays the type of the instrument. The variable "Instrument Type Description" is the most complete when it comes to showing the instrument type. Unfortunately this "Instrument Type Description" is not unambiguously as it uses for example "Dutch State Loan" and "Bond" together, which are the same instrument. Are there perhaps other variables that show precisely what I want to know, without using synonyms?

Thank you in advance.

icon clock
10 |1500

Try "TR.AssetCategory". If this doesn't give you what you're looking for, I suggest you contact Refinitiv Helpdesk. This forum is aimed at software developers using Refinitiv APIs. The moderators on this forum are not the best content experts. Content questions that are not specific to the use of APIs are best directed to Refinitiv Helpdesk, which does have or can reach out to the experts on every bit of content available through Refinitiv products.

Thanks for your response @Alex Putkov . I will take my second question to the Refinitiv Helpdesk.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.