Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Eikon API Documentation for Custom Developement

Hi All,

I'm looking for Webservices documentation in order to integrate our internal system (based on MEAN stack) with Eikon API products. I'm using RESTFull API in order to retrieve product's quotation and save it on our db for internal use. Could you give me advice where I can found all documentation in order to resolve this? I'm a little bit connfused about the collection called EIKON API, where there is several other products and I did not understand which one can fit with my needs.

Thank you in advance.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@visio
It would be best for you to speak with your Refinitiv account manager, who will be happy to help you select the product that best fits your use case.
What we're saying here is that Eikon is probably not an appropriate product for the use case you described. Eikon is an end user product, which licenses you to utilize any data you retrieve from Eikon for individual user's use only. If you intend to store Refinitiv data in a database that is accessed by multiple users or by any type of server side or enterprise application, then this type of data usage is not covered by the license you get with Eikon. We do have enterprise products that are designed for and permit the use of data in enterprise applications. The choice of a specific product is influenced by many variables: data coverage, technology stack, architecture, commercials and licensing. This is why it's best to have an interactive conversation with your Refinitiv account manager to select the right product for your needs.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.6k 26 7 22

@visio you might need to explore enterprise offerings (probably Datascope Select REST API will suit your purpose), as storing/redistributing the content from Eikon is not allowed with the desktop license.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Thank you Zhenya, this information about the store of quotation is important for us. We are evaluating witch product acquire and following your info we need to acquire the Enterprice licence in order to do that. Is it correct? thank you in advance

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.