Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 2

Error code 429 - accidentally hit limit, any way to waive it? need to continue my analysis

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierror-429
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @vlad.bouchouev,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

We have not heard back form you.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Hello @vlad.bouchouev,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Hello @vlad.bouchouev,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

If you hit requests per second or data volume per minute limit you can continue almost immediately, since the limits apply to rolling 1 second and 60 seconds time periods respectively. If you hit a daily requests or data volume limits, I wonder how this could have happened accidentally, as I would expect you to hit requests per second or data volume per minute throttles first. In any case daily throttles are reset at midnight. For more info on data retrieval throttles implemented for Eikon Data APIs see this document.
I'm afraid there's no provision to manually reset the throttles.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 2

when you unexpectedly hit errors (https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/36250/getting-keyerror-headers-from-data-request.html) and use while loops to resolve them, and pull data over history... accidents apparently happen

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

This is very interesting. I'd like to better understand what exactly happened here. I don't see how you could have hit the volume based limit this way. If the response is empty, the data volume counted towards the throttle limit is zero (or next to zero). It's also highly unlikely you could have hit the rolling 1 second requests limit resending the same request in a while loop because the synchronous implementation of data retrieval and request/response round trip time are virtually guaranteed to keep the pace of the requests you send within the limit unless you're sending the requests from multiple processes or threads. And even then I guess hitting the 1 second throttle wouldn't be a problem for you because the throttle is reset almost immediately. So, are you saying that you hit the daily requests limit? Can you tell from the error message you received what throttle was hit?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.