question

Upvotes
1 1 0 1

How do i logon to Datastream automactically with VBA

I have two Add-ins on my excel 1. Datastream , and 2. Eikon

We use Datastream for most of our data. Problem i have is that the datastream would need to be manually turned on when we want the data and then turn off once we got the data before our macro can be run

hence how do i use vba to turn on datastream to get data , and then turn it off before running my other macros ?

ps: i do not want to login Eikon, i have to strictly use datastream

regards

datastream-apidsws-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 78 11 27

If you have Eikon subscription, which includes Datastream for Office, then your Datastream credentials are tied to your Eikon user account. Therefore in order to use Datastream for Office you need to sign-in to Eikon using Eikon Excel add-in. You can control signing-in to Eikon from VBA using PLSynchronization Manager COM library. See this tutorial.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 0 1

Hi , is it possible to just log on to datastream for office? i.e. if the user has only Datastream on the office, how do i turn datastream on ?

icon clock
10 |1500

I suggest you contact Refinitiv Helpdesk with this question. It's not clear to me which Refinitiv product you're using. And this question does not seem to be related to the use of any Refinitiv APIs, which is what the forums on this portal are dedicated to.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.