Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
19 3 1 5

How can I use the Eikon Data API with Python to pull Excel Deal Screener data?

using the excel deal screener i get an excel formula like:

=TF('TFScreen.Deals(DEALSEXPRFORMAT(Deals,Active,1, IssuerStatus=M&A),curn=USD,((TF.Deals.AnnDate()>=03/05/2019 And TF.Deals.AnnDate()<=03/20/2019))), "TF.Deals.MADealNo()")

Can I call this excel formula by using the get_data function in the Eikon Data API?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apieikon-com-apiscreening
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@eric.jian

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @eric.jian

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@eric.jian, please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

No, you cannot. The Deal Analytics add-on, which creates Deal Screener button under Thomson Reuters tab in Excel ribbon is a legacy component, which over time will be retired. The replacement is the Screener with the Deals selected as the Universe. Expressions created using Screener can be used in get_data method of Eikon Data APIs.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.